This week’s BlogHer’s Living Life Well Lived question was one that made me think…..
How do you incorporate color into your look?
Color! Me… After I read the question I realized that I have the most boring closet full of clothing ever. I mean it’s full of black… dark colors… blah! Boring. For a bit I thought maybe I was living in an old black & white tv show with all the black & neutral colors in my closet.
Honestly, it’s something that I’ve really been noticing since spring has started. I didn’t want to wear the dark colors anymore because I wanted something more… something that popped…. something that said spring!
Buying an entire new wardrobe is out of the question, but after poking around some more in my closet and jewelry case I was able to come up with a few ways to brighten up things.
- Add a bright chunky necklace to a dark or neutral shirt
- Wear a colorful print scarf
- Wear a pretty blazer
- Pair a bright tank & cardigan with your dark pants or vice versa
- Handbags come in all sorts of bright colors grab one & a matching thin belt
- Colorful rings, earrings, and bracelets add a pop of color to any outfit