Well, it’s that time of the year again… family pictures and Holiday Cards! I don’t have to tell you that the family pictures are probably the most stressful event of the year too… or is it just me?
Here’s how it goes at with my family.
1. Set up the appointment with multiple times during the day because we don’t know what the weather is going to be like.
2. Start scouring the internet for outfit ideas (this takes a while)
3. Once you find the perfect outfit ideas start crying because the cost of outfitting your family will cost more than the pictures.
4. Give up on those awesome outfit ideas you found on Pinterest and pick a color scheme.
5. For the 3 millionth time listen to the teens complain about getting family pictures taken.
6. Listen or pretend to listen to the teens complain about the color scheme you chose.
7. Pray to every know deity in the universe in hopes that one of them hears your pleas for no rain and temps not in the 30’s.
8. Figure out how to cover up the big red bump on your toddler’s head after he hit it on the counter an hour before you leave.
9. Say more prayers that the toddler will do what you want so you have awesome pictures.
10. Threaten all kids on the way to the photo shoot location that bad things will happen if they don’t smile and try to look good.
Now, all that said I think that a nice glass of wine would be perfect just before pictures… it would lower my stress level!
I was surprised how well the session turned out and can’t wait to see the pictures because I have found a few cards from Shutterfly that I want to use for our cards this year.
I like this one but I’m not 100% sure about the black background…. it doesn’t seem as cheery as other cards. What I like is the old- fashioned looking text and scrolls in the corners.
This one I love! I don’t think that there is anything about it that I don’t like and it goes perfectly with the colors that we wore for our family pictures!
So there is always the chance that our pics turned out terrible and I won’t want to put that picture on a card to share with the entire family. So, in that case I have a couple backup choices.
I love both of them so it’s possible that I’d just get some of both because I’m sure that deciding will be a challenge.
This year you can get all of your holiday cards and more at Shutterfly and check out some of their special offers. And now I have a special offer for you!
One lucky reader will get an extra $50 off order of $50 or more (excluding tax and shipping & cannot be combined with any other promos (expire 12/14/2012 – no extensions)!!
So what do you have to do to win? Use that super simple Rafflecopter widget below.
See… I told you that it was simple!
You can check out Shutterfly all over the internet too!
Good luck and hopefully I’ll have some awesome family pictures to share with you soon… if not then at least some really funny ones!
How do your family pics usually go?