So I opened up Twitter yesterday afternoon and saw that I was tagged by Theta Mom and of course I followed the link to see what it was all about.
Old School Blogging! Yup… getting back to some fun basics. Stuff that we all used to do when we first started this blogging thing many years ago. Fun stuff like silly memes where we’d answer all sorts of questions about ourselves and then tag a bunch of other people in them and bounce around from blog to blog to see what their answers were.
Well, Heather from Theta Mom and Elaine from The Miss Elaine-ous Life are bringing some fun back to blogging old school style and I am so very happy to say that I was one of the first people tagged! Pretty cool, right? They plan on having a monthly meme complete with a linky so we can all share a little bit of bloggy love.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #OSBlog on Twitter!
Let’s see… 10 years ago was 2003. At that time I was the mom to 3 girls (8, 4, 1), working in retail, and never heard of blogging.
2. What 5 things are on your to-do list?
- Pack for Florida
- Clean the house
- Figure out how to entertain a 3 yr old on an airplane
- Find a good blog designer who won’t charge me an arm & a leg
- Lose 10 more pounds
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Hmm… healthy or not healthy?
- Cookies – preferably homemade chocolate chip
- Cucumbers with garlic salt & pepper
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire:
This one is easy!
- Pay off my school loans and consider going back again
- Set some aside for my kids college education
- Buy a new house
- Take a vacation
5. Name some places you have lived:
I have never left the great state of Michigan!
I’ve moved around the state a lot though. I was born in the metro Detroit area and lived in Taylor until I was 2 or 3, from there my parents built a house North Branch, and then once they got divorced the moving began. Holly, Fenton, Grand Blanc, Swartz Creek…. I finally gave up the moving thing and went to live with my dad in Lapeer and I stayed there until I was 19 or 20. After that I decided that Traverse City was a good place to live and I was there from 20 until 24. After that I moved one more time and I’ve been here ever since.
6. Name some bad habits you have:
I have a lot of bad habits! Geesh…
The one that I’ve had the most difficult time kicking is my love of Diet Coke… or Diet Dr. Pepper.
7. Name some jobs you have had:
Waitress, Jewelry sales clerk, Restaurant manager, Cake decorator, Baker, Bakery/Deli manager at Meijer, Systems Monitor, Tech support, UX designer, and Product Owner (similar to project manager).
8. Name those you are tagging for #OSBlog: