I haven’t participated in MamaKat’s Writers Workshop in a while so I thought that I’d pick an easy one this week and jump in again!
Okay, so some of you may know via Twitter that I’m not a coffee person. I know, I know… blasphemy right! So here’s a list why I don’t.
1. The taste. It’s yucky. I just can’t get past the bitterness of it. I’ve done everything possibly known to man to make it taste better… sugar, cream, flavored cream, white milk, chocolate milk, hot cocoa… you name it I’ve tried it.
** I have not tried french press coffee which I’ve been told is amazing and you don’t get the bitter taste. I’m waiting for someone here at work to make the pumpkin spice again instead of the hazelnut and I may be brave and try it.
2. I LOVE pop! (Yes… I call it pop because that what everyone here in Michigan calls it)
3. Diet Coke is my best friend.
4. Diet Dr. Pepper is also my best friend.
5. Coffee can be addicting! I mean look at all the coffee shops around peddling their wares to you!
6. Coffee can be expensive especially if you go to one of those coffee shops every day! Besides I can get a pop from the vending machine here at work for a mere $0.50! How much does your cup of coffee cost?
7. It’s hot and I don’t drink hot things fast enough. They end up cold to fast.
8. Tea is much better for you!
9. I can open a can of pop or make a cup of tea faster than it takes you to make a pot of coffee.
10. And to quote one of my favorite books, “I do not like it here or there, I do not like it anywhere!”
So there you have my friends! My reasons why I don’t drink coffee.