I have to tell you that I am sooo.. excited! Why you ask, well because this weekend, 5 days away, I’ll be joining a bunch of great people in Holland for Gleek Retreat!
Gleek Retreat is a blogging conference that is held right here in Michigan every year and was created by bloggers for bloggers. The conference is held over the weekend and that is one of the best parts about it… I’m able to go and not miss work or to much at home.
This will be my first ever conference and as I talked about before there’s a lot that goes into deciding whether or not to go to a conference. This one is a mere 2 hours from my home and looks like it’s going to be filled with a ton of useful information and even more fun.
Maybe your thinking to yourself… that’s not all that exciting… but I’m here to tell you that it really is and I’ll share the reasons why.
- I haven’t been away without my kids or husband EVER
- I haven’t done anything with friends in so long I may have forgotten how to act (I apologize for this in advance ladies)
- I can use all the help I can get when it comes to writing and blogging
- I get to go on a dinner cruise
- I get to eat my dinner uninterrupted (YAY!!)
- I get to use the bathroom alone
- Holland is a great city with a lot to see and do. (Shopping anyone?)
- I need a “girls” night out (I apologize to any men who may attend)
It goes without being said that I will miss my family and that they’ll probably miss me even more. I say that because they’ve never had a weekend where dad is the one doing everything so it may (or may not) be a challenge for them all. It will most definitely be a learning experience for them though….hey… I just had a thought…. maybe they’ll see how much I do for them and totally appreciate everything and be gushing over me when I get home (I can dream can’t I?).
Anyway be prepared for a few posts reviewing the conference, what I’ve learned, and of course a ton of pictures!