Image via Wikipedia
Remember way back when before Twitter? Like when you used to sit down at your computer and chat with family and friends via your favorite instant messaging program like Yahoo or AIM? I do. And to be honest I still use them daily because ::gasp:: not everyone is using Twitter!
I’ve been noticing a trend lately and I’m not sure yet how I feel about it. Indifferent I suppose. And this trend… I think that IM would be better for it. It is when my Twitter stream fills up with a conversation that two or three people are having and I have to wade through their conversation just to see what is going on in the world. This type of thing has happened many times and I am probably guilty of it too and it finally dawned on me! Twitter is the new IM! Twitter to me (and some others out there I bet) is what texting is to my girls (yea… they send thousands a month)!
I could chat all day long with all the great people that I’m friends with on Twitter whether it is public facing or if we keep the conversation private and simply DM on another. I love being able to chat with everyone! No matter what time of day it is I can find someone on Twitter that I know and starting a conversation is as easy as just saying hello to the world!
So what do you think…. I’m curious? Is Twitter the new IM? Do you still use your old instant messenger program?
I’m starting a fund so I can go to Cancun! Why you ask… well it’s the central meeting point for myself, Jill from Single Mom on a Budget, and Nichole from By Word of Mouth! It’s the perfect meeting place, don’t you agree?
Well, to confirm that this is a great place…. we were all present and enjoying the weekly wine party hosted by Kit from Blogging Dangerously (If you haven’t heard of it you need to check it out on Friday evenings at 9pm on Twitter! It’s a lot of fun!). And there were several people out there who joined in on the conversation and it was unanimous! Cancun is the place to meet!
I should mention there are a few things to make it perfect.
- No kids
- No husbands or significant others
- What happens in Cancun stays in Cancun
- My passport card will allow me to enter the country
Now, the other thing mentioned was that we should also start a get out of jail fund too. This is just in case! We don’t actually plan on any illegal activities!
There are a few other things I’ve been thinking about for this exciting trip too.
- We need to make sure that the resort we decide upon is all inclusive because this will make everything much easier for us! Drinks, dinner, and entertainment included! Perfect.
- Next, the resort needs to be on the beach and have a pool, actually this is an absolute must. I have this fear of stepping on a jelly fish or something like that so I don’t always wade in the ocean, so the pool is preferable.
- Oh! The hot tub is necessary as well.
- To make it easy for the majority of us I say let’s make it a long weekend like Friday through Monday.
One of the most important things that I almost forgot about! We have a theme song! Toes, by Zac Brown Band!
I’m sure that there are other necessities which I haven’t thought of but my friends will come up with!
So what do you all think? Cancun as the next ladies weekend away?