I need a smart phone. I want a smart phone. And most of all I think that I deserve a smart phone.
Okay… I should say that I have a phone and technically it’s called a smart phone but in my opinion it’s not all that smart. It’s the HTC Touch Pro 2 from Sprint running the Windows OS. It’s not that bad, but there are more issues than should be necessary and I’m kind of getting tired of dealing with it.
So what’s wrong with it you ask? Let me start a list for you.
- When I take a picture all the time half the time it is blurry.
- I can’t upload a picture to Twitter!
- Facebook crashes all the time.
- I get error messages at least once a day and can send an error report to Microsoft (if they cared they’d fix it)
- Tweetdeck doesn’t work on it
- As a matter of fact there are very few apps for the Windows platform
These are just some of the issues that I deal with on a daily basis. I hate it and I think that you would too.
I don’t want to be the last one left in the world with an outdated phone that I can’t do anything with! I know I’m getting close too because just the other day Gigi from Kludgy Mom and I chatted about having an old phones and how she was switching to an iPhone. Soon I will left out. An outcast. Totally behind the times.
So I should justify why I need/want/deserve a new phone, right? And not just any phone either. I really, really want an iPhone, but since we’re stuck with on the Sprint network I could live with the Evo which runs the Android OS.
- I want to share my awesome pics from my phone on Twitter
- I can’t stalk my kids very well on Facebook. I need to be able to use Facebook.
- I want to be able to use Instagram
- My child has a better phone than me
- I don’t want to hang my head in shame as the last uncool phone user
- Windows is so last year or two years ago
- Windows phones were never cool… who am I kidding?
Don’t you think that I should get a new phone? I can’t see how you couldn’t agree with me! Let’s just hope that the husband agrees now too!
Image via Wikipedia
Remember way back when before Twitter? Like when you used to sit down at your computer and chat with family and friends via your favorite instant messaging program like Yahoo or AIM? I do. And to be honest I still use them daily because ::gasp:: not everyone is using Twitter!
I’ve been noticing a trend lately and I’m not sure yet how I feel about it. Indifferent I suppose. And this trend… I think that IM would be better for it. It is when my Twitter stream fills up with a conversation that two or three people are having and I have to wade through their conversation just to see what is going on in the world. This type of thing has happened many times and I am probably guilty of it too and it finally dawned on me! Twitter is the new IM! Twitter to me (and some others out there I bet) is what texting is to my girls (yea… they send thousands a month)!
I could chat all day long with all the great people that I’m friends with on Twitter whether it is public facing or if we keep the conversation private and simply DM on another. I love being able to chat with everyone! No matter what time of day it is I can find someone on Twitter that I know and starting a conversation is as easy as just saying hello to the world!
So what do you think…. I’m curious? Is Twitter the new IM? Do you still use your old instant messenger program?
Recently I was
obsessing over checking out some of my Twitter stats from the links that Gigi over at Kludgy Mom blogged about and found out that I lost some Twitter followers and 3 of them pertained to my most recent post and it got me wondering what in the hell that I did wrong (I’m still pondering this too). Was it because I tweeted to many times about it? Was it really an awful post? Was it just the point at which they decided that they didn’t want to follow me anymore? Who knows. To be honest I was bothered by it for a bit and then after chatting with Gigi and Maria from 1000 Reasons I’m a Bad Mom I felt better. Things like that happen all the time.
I decided that since there wasn’t a writing assignment for Back to School, Back to Blogging that I’d pick something from the Idea Bank.
There are many things in life that I believe and some you may agree with and some you may not. And hopefully I won’t lose more followers because if it!
10 things that believe…
1. I believe that my kids are the most important things in the world.
2. I believe that there is a higher power(s) but I don’t believe in the Christian God.
3. I believe that education is very important.
4. I believe that you can do anything you want.. anything. You just need to put your mind to it.
5. I believe in equality.
6. I believe in freedom of choice.
7. I believe in freewill.
8. I believe that hard work pays off.
9. I believe that love is important.
10. I believe Glee is awesome!
I’m sure that because of this I’ll lose followers. It’s possible that I may even gain some. But this is who I am and I’m being honest.
So, tell me. What do you believe? What makes us different or the same?